Aktuelle Zeit: 29.03.2024, 11:59

Silber.de Forum

Libertad - Erste Silber-Anlagemünze der Welt

Anlagemünzen, Sammlermünzen, Numismatik und Barren - alphabetisch sortiert

Moderatoren: winterherz, nordmann_de, Mod-Team, Mahoni, Forum-Team, silvergod, Stammfadenpate

iratebob
10 Unzen Mitglied

Re: Libertad - Erste Silber-Anlagemünze der Welt

Beitragvon iratebob » 16.10.2020, 20:00

karmasilver hat geschrieben:
iratebob hat geschrieben:
And one question interesting for the whole community here. What is the difference between the 1982 DDR Nr. 1 and 2. Thx in advance for an anwser.

I applaud the people who find these varieties but I despise NGC and PCGS for putting them in the Registries. Coins with Die Doubling or Tripling are minting errors IMO. Error coins are NOT included in Registries. The die is simply errantly tooled thus creating a different minted product. The Mexican Mint never 'authorized' a coin to be minted with a doubling or tripling of certain features of the legislated design.

So the 1982 DDR #1 vs #2
Good question. I hate that I, as a Registry collector, was forced by NGC to fill this new slot. So I initially bought the slabbed coin before learning the difference between #1 and #2. That is the life of a Registry collector ... fill the slot. I'm at work now and I still can't explain the difference between the varieties without having the coins in hand. So this weekend I'll try to get the coins in hand and describe the difference.

I don't know if you've seen the newest varieties ... 1992 and 1995 Proofs w/ Missing feather detail.
:roll:
Capture.JPG
Dateianhänge
Capture.JPG

Anzeigen
Silber.de Forum
iratebob
10 Unzen Mitglied

Beitragvon iratebob » 16.10.2020, 20:05

Mahoni hat geschrieben:@iratebob: You do have a brilliant collection there smilie_12

But i guess your market is overseas - might get pretty hard to find buyers for your highly priced graded rare coins. Here in Europe collectors are not as much interested in grading as in the USA. Indeed are there always "rich" guys who could afford it. You just have to find em`.

Yes .... Buy in Europe sell in US works.

What about the 2000 Proof? Is it not worth 250 Euros?? It's a $1000 coin in PF 69 here in the US. If I have to 'dump' it quickly I could still get $500-$600.

BTW - I love your avatar. I've always been a little intimidated by you. LOL

Mahoni

Beitragvon Mahoni » 16.10.2020, 20:23

No need to be intimidated my friend :D

When it comes to Grading...i often think that two worlds collide. It is getting more popular in europe. But still the real numismatic collectors get split when it comes to grading. In the USA it became already a real huge buisness. To be honest...i had a few graded coins (not Libertads) and i sold them.
Mahoni hat geschrieben:FAQ - Fragen und Antworten, Hilfe rund um das Forum --> https://forum.silber.de/viewforum.php?f=29

iratebob
10 Unzen Mitglied

Beitragvon iratebob » 16.10.2020, 22:01

karmasilver hat geschrieben:And one question interesting for the whole community here. What is the difference between the 1982 DDR Nr. 1 and 2. Thx in advance for an anwser.

OK
I called the man who discovered the 1982 DDR #2. Here's the difference.

#1 The doubling is related to the '1' to the left of the Winged Angel

#2 Lots of doubling hot spots
    PLATA PURA
    The Chin of the Winged Angel
    MEXICO
    First two denticles just above the mountains at 8 o'clock

karmasilver
1 kg Barren Mitglied

Beitragvon karmasilver » 16.10.2020, 23:57

I applaud the people who find these varieties but I despise NGC and PCGS for putting them in the Registries. Coins with Die Doubling or Tripling are minting errors IMO. Error coins are NOT included in Registries. The die is simply errantly tooled thus creating a different minted product. The Mexican Mint never 'authorized' a coin to be minted with a doubling or tripling of certain features of the legislated design.

So the 1982 DDR #1 vs #2
Good question. I hate that I, as a Registry collector, was forced by NGC to fill this new slot. So I initially bought the slabbed coin before learning the difference between #1 and #2. That is the life of a Registry collector ... fill the slot. I'm at work now and I still can't explain the difference between the varieties without having the coins in hand. So this weekend I'll try to get the coins in hand and describe the difference.

I don't know if you've seen the newest varieties ... 1992 and 1995 Proofs w/ Missing feather detail.
:roll:
Capture.JPG

Thx for your detailed anwsers very much!

Knew these "new" varieties and for the 1992 missing feather detail PF70 you can have a look if you like at my registry set (not graded as variety and registered therefore as one of the 5 perfect "normal" ones under 1992).

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/compet ... ts/172855/

Just submitted now a 1995 PF missing feather detail. We will see how it grades.

Maybe I am one of the few fans of the grading in Europe and think it is a must at least for BU, as they come without capsule anyway. But opportunities to obtain raw rare Ladys are rare to say the least and certainly the prices you paid for the 1999 and 2000 proofs would have been higher if I saw these coins. You can PM me if you like, so we can keep at least in touch.

And one last word about the collection of F.A. and his prices for the mule and 1999 MS70. Very ambitous considering 2% of the 1999-er grade perfect and a MS66 mule sold on heritage for 3200 some months ago.
Zuletzt geändert von karmasilver am 17.10.2020, 00:50, insgesamt 5-mal geändert.

Andre090904
1 kg Barren Mitglied

Beitragvon Andre090904 » 17.10.2020, 00:01

@Bob: Is it just me or are you Americans just way too obsessed with Libertads? Have a look at this auction: https://www.ebay.de/itm/1-10-oz-Gold-Li ... _Auction=1

Why would someone bid that much for one of the most common Libertad Gold coins ever?

karmasilver
1 kg Barren Mitglied

Beitragvon karmasilver » 17.10.2020, 00:47

Andre090904 hat geschrieben:@Bob: Is it just me or are you Americans just way too obsessed with Libertads? Have a look at this auction: https://www.ebay.de/itm/1-10-oz-Gold-Li ... _Auction=1

Why would someone bid that much for one of the most common Libertad Gold coins ever?

Wahnsinn... :mrgreen: smilie_01 Die Lady macht halt was sie will... smilie_12

iratebob
10 Unzen Mitglied

Beitragvon iratebob » 19.10.2020, 22:30

Andre090904 hat geschrieben:@Bob: Is it just me or are you Americans just way too obsessed with Libertads? Have a look at this auction: https://www.ebay.de/itm/1-10-oz-Gold-Li ... _Auction=1

It's you!!!
"you Americans???" Whatever.
Not sure Andre. Looks like one traded for below Eur400 in Aug and two traded in Oct near Eur1000. You should be loving this Andre. Go find these coins at your local coin shop and get them on eBay. $$$$$.

Guess you missed this last week. A 1991 1/10oz Gold Libertad just sold for Eur1450. Did you buy that one?? LOL

Andre090904
1 kg Barren Mitglied

Beitragvon Andre090904 » 20.10.2020, 00:02

It's you!!!
"you Americans???" Whatever.
Not sure Andre. Looks like one traded for below Eur400 in Aug and two traded in Oct near Eur1000. You should be loving this Andre. Go find these coins at your local coin shop and get them on eBay. $$$$$.

Guess you missed this last week. A 1991 1/10oz Gold Libertad just sold for Eur1450. Did you buy that one?? LOL

Speaking of that, I do have a 2003 1/10oz Gold Libertad (mintage 300!). Now if a 1992 1/10oz (mintage 50,000 if I am not mistaken) gets sold for 700-1000€, then what about my coin? Surely that must be worth at least 100 times that? I would totally sell it for 100,000€ if you like. smilie_11

Just kidding, as a good friend of mine, you'd get it for just 85.000€, how about that. ;)

PS: I see gold libertad fractionals quite often (not weekly, but often enough) at local auctions. Thing is, those prices in the US are just insane and I am not sure what those coins could potentially sell for. Guess I could just offer them up on ebay and see what happens, but then again people wouldn't really trust a German ebay account with location in Mexico selling coins to the US...

Andre090904
1 kg Barren Mitglied

Beitragvon Andre090904 » 20.10.2020, 19:12

*Teilmoderiert, Mod-Team*

@Alle: Ich habe heute gesehen, wie eine 1999 5oz Proof für 1613 USD in Mexiko verkauft wurde. Leider kam ich 2 Stunden zu spät. Ich denke der Preis geht völlig in Ordnung...

Mahoni

Beitragvon Mahoni » 21.10.2020, 12:32

Um die Gerüchteküche rund um die 2020er Libertads anzuheizen... :mrgreen:

From the September 2020 edition of the U.S. Mexican Numismatic Association

Following a freedom of information request the Banco de Mexico has recently announced that the Libertad Series for
2020 will take place and, despite the coronavirus pandemic, the authorized amounts for gold and silver has increased
on the previous year.
In 2019 597,196 silver pieces (in all denominations) were struck, in 2020 the amount increases to 824,600, while for gold in 2019 the total of pieces (in all sizes) was 10,204 but for this year the maximum amount will be 25,200, more than
double! However, these numbers are just the maximum authorized and the Banco de México can reduce these figures.
In its notice the central bank did not give the mintages per size and the dates to start production. However, sellers on
the internet have announced that 31 October will be the release date for the coins
(information from Pablo Luna Herrera)

Somit sind scheinbar für 2020 sowohl für Silber als auch für Gold deutlich höhere max. Auflagen genehmigt. Ob diese auch ausgeschöpft werden wird die Zukunft zeigen.

Auch wird ein mögliches neues Datum mit dem 31.10.2020 angegeben.

Ein anderes Szenario benennt scheinbar Martin von Silvertrader.uk - er sagt das die Mexican Mint für 2020 überhaupt nichts produzieren wird.

Lassen wir uns überraschen ob da nächste Woche am Freitag was kommt. Ich bezweifle es stark smilie_08
Mahoni hat geschrieben:FAQ - Fragen und Antworten, Hilfe rund um das Forum --> https://forum.silber.de/viewforum.php?f=29

karmasilver
1 kg Barren Mitglied

Beitragvon karmasilver » 21.10.2020, 13:58

Andre090904 hat geschrieben:
*Teilmoderiert, Mod-Team*

@Alle: Ich habe heute gesehen, wie eine 1999 5oz Proof für 1613 USD in Mexiko verkauft wurde. Leider kam ich 2 Stunden zu spät. Ich denke der Preis geht völlig in Ordnung...

Bei guter Erhaltung war das ein Schnäppchen... smilie_12

karmasilver
1 kg Barren Mitglied

Beitragvon karmasilver » 21.10.2020, 14:10

Mahoni hat geschrieben:Um die Gerüchteküche rund um die 2020er Libertads anzuheizen... :mrgreen:

From the September 2020 edition of the U.S. Mexican Numismatic Association

Following a freedom of information request the Banco de Mexico has recently announced that the Libertad Series for
2020 will take place and, despite the coronavirus pandemic, the authorized amounts for gold and silver has increased
on the previous year.
In 2019 597,196 silver pieces (in all denominations) were struck, in 2020 the amount increases to 824,600, while for gold in 2019 the total of pieces (in all sizes) was 10,204 but for this year the maximum amount will be 25,200, more than
double! However, these numbers are just the maximum authorized and the Banco de México can reduce these figures.
In its notice the central bank did not give the mintages per size and the dates to start production. However, sellers on
the internet have announced that 31 October will be the release date for the coins
(information from Pablo Luna Herrera)

Somit sind scheinbar für 2020 sowohl für Silber als auch für Gold deutlich höhere max. Auflagen genehmigt. Ob diese auch ausgeschöpft werden wird die Zukunft zeigen.

Auch wird ein mögliches neues Datum mit dem 31.10.2020 angegeben.

Ein anderes Szenario benennt scheinbar Martin von Silvertrader.uk - er sagt das die Mexican Mint für 2020 überhaupt nichts produzieren wird.

Lassen wir uns überraschen ob da nächste Woche am Freitag was kommt. Ich bezweifle es stark smilie_08

Wenn ich mich nicht täusche hat Andre die obgenannten Maximalauflagen für 2020 schon vor vielen Monaten bekanntgegeben. Kann mir ebenfalls nicht vorstellen, dass es annähernd so hohe Auflagen geben wird. Keine einzige Variante der Lady wurde bisher (offiziell) verausgabt und es wäre interessant zu wissen, aus welcher Quelle Andre seine 1oz BU 2020 erhalten hat. Vielleicht eine Probeprägung??

Wie auch immer. Denke der Run wird hoch sein, falls offiziell irgendetwas an Libertad 2020 kommt.

Bei uns explodieren übrigens die Zahlen an COVID-Infektionen und der nächste Lockdown wird absehbar. Damit auch die Wahrscheinlichkeit eines erneuten Lockdowns der Raffinerien im Tessin. Good luck to all!

Andre090904
1 kg Barren Mitglied

Beitragvon Andre090904 » 21.10.2020, 19:02

Zwar keine Libertad, aber dennoch etwas Besonderes. Ich wusste gar nicht, dass es eine solche Kilomünze gibt...
Dateianhänge
kilopiedra0.jpg
kilopiedra1.jpg

Andre090904
1 kg Barren Mitglied

Beitragvon Andre090904 » 22.10.2020, 03:22

Ich bin heute über einen interessanten Artikel gestolpert. Titel: "In Mexiko gibt es kein Gold mehr - Casa de Moneda stellt Verkauf des Centenarios ein"

Kurze Zusammenfassung: Die Casa de Moneda wird voraussichtlich bis 2021 keine Goldmünzen mehr verkaufen. In dem Artikel wird die Vermutung aufgestellt, dass Mexiko in einer Zwickmühle steckt. Einerseits will man Goldmünzen nicht nahe des Spots anbieten, weil ein Ausverkauf droht oder gar Verlustgeschäfte möglich wären. Andererseits will man Goldmünzen nicht zu erhöhten Preisen verkaufen, weil dies ein Eingeständnis dafür wäre, dass der Peso massiv an Wert verloren hat (Inflation).

Quelle: https://es-us.finanzas.yahoo.com/notici ... 00850.html

Meine Einschätzung: Ich habe schon seit Jahren bei der Casa de Moneda keine Goldmünzen mehr gesehen (mindestens seit Amtsantritt von AMLO). In den Banken schaue ich selten vorbei (um nicht zu sagen gar nicht), aber auch dort sind Goldmünzen nur sehr selten anzutreffen (und wenn, dann zu unmöglichen Preisen).

--------------------

Andere Information: Gestern wurde ja die 1999er 5 oz Proof verkauft. Ich habe den Verkäufer (ein guter Kontakt meinerseits) gefragt, ob er weitere habe. Anscheinend hat er den ganzen 1999er Proof Jahrgang vorrätig. Die 5oz habe ich leider verpasst, aber vielleicht kann ich wenigstens die anderen größen abstauben, auch wenn der Preis sicherlich abenteuerlich sein wird. Ich melde mich dann nochmal, sofern ich Bilder und Preise habe.

Zurück zu „Stammfäden Münzen und Barren“